The UM Graduate School will be awarding travel reimbursements up to $200 to participating students. These awards will be given to the first 20 eligible participants based on the time the application is received, reimbursable items on your application, and completeness of UM Graduate School application.
Reimbursable items: (not to exceed the award amount)
- Gas if driving (If carpooling, only the driver can claim)
- Car Rental
- Submit a UM graduate school application
- Complete the travel reimbursement application and submit it by February 1, 2019.
- Traveled from outside a 400-mile radius to UM
- Register and attend this year’s Expo
The first 20 eligible applicants will be conditionally awarded and promptly notified before Expo. Expo attendance is mandatory to receive the award. The next 5 eligible applicants will be placed on a waitlist for consideration of funding if the initial conditional awardee does not accept or comply to the guidelines.
Step 2: If conditionally accepted to receive award, the below items must be received within a week from end of Expo (by February 15th)
- Must submit all original time stamped copies of receipts (gas, rental car, hotel, and/or airfare) to the UM Graduate School (these receipts must be legible)
- Airfare must also include original boarding passes
- If by car, please include a google maps printout of starting location to UM
- Must complete UM Payment form (will be distributed upon notice of award)
- You must provide a signed letter indicating that you did not receive funds from your university for any of the aforementioned reimbursable items that you are requesting. This letter must also include contact numbers for offices responsible for awarding students travel funds. This includes: Cashier/Business Office and/or Procurement or Students Accounts Payable Office.
Resources: (Both links are mobile friendly)